Loading...
Skip to main content
Loading...
[Copy]
Propellerads

You might like

Thinking Out Loud

"the significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level  of thinking we were at when we created them, the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your  sources,  imagination is more important than knowledge..." -- Albert Einstein

you might like

THE BLIND SPOT(II)

She had everything once upon a time,

but she was too greedy and now she lost it, all of it

 By SAYDHAR BALKIS

The moment she puked her guts out, she knew it. That she was doomed in the worst way any human could be. The yellowish slimy substance splattered on the floor outside her hut and her excessive sleeping lately only explain one thing. That she was pregnant, she was pregnant for a man that wasn’t her husband. A man whose wife not more than a month ago just bore him the cutest twins she’d ever laid eyes on- both boys. She knew it wasn't her husband’s because they have not been a traditional couple for a very long time now. They barely say two words to each other, he comes home in the early hours of the morning, drunk on palm wine and he dresses up and goes out the door again.
 She crouched on the ground, her back to the wall and pondered on what she was going to do. There was no way Marcus would believe the unborn child was his, telling Johnson about it was a terrifying thought. Not only could it ruin their relationship but there was also a possibility that both men in her life would abandon her upon hearing this news. Just as she was thinking, Marcus’s drunken figure staggered into the compound. He stank gravely of alcohol but that wasn’t surprising either.
As he passed by her, he only nodded her way, he wasn't bothered enough to ask her why she took the cold hard floor to seek comfort and she was grateful he did not ask. Minutes passed and he did not come out, that made her rise from her spot as she walked into the hut to check up on him. She saw him passed out cold on the floor, his breathing so heavy. She contemplated helping him up but thought better of it and left him there.

--
 The weather was warm, but Lola’s body was burning hot. Sweat rolled down her forehead and back like water from a stream, her underarms weren't any better either. She started to regret why she applied any makeup in the first place, her face probably looked all caked from the powder and the khol smeared under her eyes.
Yet she was still waiting, patiently for Johnson’s arrival at their hidden love spot. They usually do not meet on Thursdays but she had decided to tell him about his child growing in her. She thought so hard about it and finally decided to. She was certain he loved her, he wouldn’t let her go especially now that she was carrying his child. He would probably take her as his second wife. The thought of it made her smile, she and Johnson, together finally. She knew this was how it was meant to be and she was no longer doomed. This baby was a miracle, she and Johson’s miracle.
‘My Lola’ Johnson said from behind her, startled she jumped back and when she realized who it was, she let out a smile wide enough to show her joy at seeing him.
‘You came?’   
‘Of course, I did. I would always come as long as you call’ he replied taking her into his arms and peppering her cheeks with kisses. She started to melt in his hands, remembering what she called him for, she put her hand on his chest and slightly pushed him away.
Sensing the difference in her, he paused ‘what is it, Lola? Don’t tell me I have done something wrong again?’
‘we are fine, more than fine in fact. I just of some very good news for you’ she pouts.
His smile widened to a grin ‘it is always a good news with you. You are my good news, I need more of you around me’ he says placing another kiss on her forehead.
If she was having any doubts before, now they were gone. His words had cleared them, he said he needed more of her around him. Carrying his baby would make him so happy.
‘we are having a baby’ she whispered into his ear
‘we? Like you and your husband?’ he questions. His face frozen
‘No, I mean me and you my love’ she says still smiling
‘but that is not possible’ he yells, confusion vivid on his face ‘how did it happen? Are you sure it is mine?’ he is furious and Lola's heart fell to the ground in disappointment.
‘why aren’t you happy about this?’
‘happy? How is this supposed to make me happy’
‘look at it this way finally, we can finally be together.’ She answers as calm as she could
‘if you haven’t already noticed, I have a wife and two children. I do not need to be together with anyone’ he screamed in her face and she cowers. Tears started to roll down her cheeks.
‘but I can- I can –b-be your second- wife. Look at it that way’ she stammers
‘if I wanted you to be my second wife, I would have asked you to be so the minute I saw you.’  He seethes. He looks to the sky and screams ‘GOD!!!’ and then looks at her again and said ‘I never want to see you again, fix that thing and do not tell me how I do not care how you go about it.’ He spits on the ground close to her and walks away.

‘JOHNSON!! JOHNSON!!’ she cried out, mouth wide opened gushing out screams as her eyes poured out tears. She was ruined and she knew it, Johson now knows it too. How did this happen to her? She couldn’t take out the baby, the gods would damn her for it. She just could not do it. She sat there and cried and cried till she got so tired and then succumbed to sleep.
----
‘so you got the whore pregnant?’ Beatrice, Johnson’s wife bellowed. ‘after all, I have done for you, the two beautiful sons I birthed you, yet you leave our matrimonial home’ she cried out, pacing up and down their compound.
‘I am so certain of it my love. The baby is not mine, she has been looking for a way to tie herself to me and now that she is pregnant for her husband she decided to make me responsible’ Johnson morosely replied from the position he was, sat at the entrance of their hut. He looked so small at that moment, an attribute never before characterized with Johnson.
‘How sure are you the child she is carrying isn't yours?’
‘As sure as my love for you. I mean, if she can whore herself out to me then think of the other men she was whoring herself to’ he explains. Beatrice paused her pacing and squats in front of her husband. She was so furious at him but what he was saying was starting to make sense.
Johnson, seeing his wife was paying attention decided to explain further ‘Bea, I know I messed up. I should never have gone outside our marriage. I was weak and the devil took an opportunity of that. I am so sorry. I do not love her, she gave me the option to be with her but I came back home to you, to confess my sins and hope you forgive me. I am very very sorry’ he paused and held her face in his palm ‘You have to see this as it is. That woman is a whore and she is in love with me. She is trying to get me any way she can. I am the victim here Bea, come with me to her husband, let's tell him to hold his wife on a leach and take responsibility for his child’ he pleaded.
‘I love you Beatrice and I am so sorry, I would be honoured if you can forgive me’
--
She dragged her feet, one in front of another. She was barely aware of where she was all she knew was she was going home. Her face was smeared with makeup and her vision was blurry with tears. She probably looked mad but she didn't care. She was heartbroken and she was so certain she had lost her marriage too. Matters like that were more important than how she looked. Her compound stood a few feets away and she walked towards it.
Upon entering, the greatest surprise of her life stood in front of her. Johnson and his wife together with her very furious husband. She was seeing his wife for the first time and she was very pretty, too pretty in fact. Now she understood, men do not leave women like that.
His wife was shouting out words at Marcus and then she turned to her and said some more words- words she could not make any sense of. She was numb and could not understand anything any of them were saying.
She was slapped by Johnson’s wife and she fell to the ground and remained there. Both men stood there looking at her, both equally wearing furious expressions. She saw Johson’s wife raise her feet to her and was about to kick her, but Johson pulled her away and said some something to her husband and left the compound with his wife.
Marcus remained there, gazing at her for what felt like a long time, but then he left. He returned after another long time, with their kids and bags on both of his hands and they all walked past her like she was nothing. And now she knew she was actually nothing now that she had lost everything she had. She had everything once upon a time, but she was too greedy and now she lost it, all of it.

feel free to like,share and leave your comments below...

Comments

Propellerads

Follow our Facebook page

Follow our Facebook page
"do not retire but refire to acquire your desire which you admire"

Like us on Facebook

Rate this site..

you might like

You might like

Popular posts from this blog

TBPS : LOVE AND VIOLENCE

THE FUTURE OF OUR TOMORROW

If truly we are leaders of tomorrow,  then our problem should be a top priority to them.      "We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future",  then that leaves them with being the leader and decision makers of tomorrow. There are countless issues surrounding the growth of the youth of nowadays which am a part of, from negligence on the path of the parents to the ignorance of our leaders, which i stand to be corrected isn't meant for the good of our future.  Just as the popular saying goes,    Most youths are exposed at an early age to problems bigger than their thoughts and are left to decide on issues that could make or break them alone. It would have been a different scenario may be if our environment had been tolerant towards their growth. Nowadays we have a lot of bad vibes around, available to youths of various age group, these go a long way in influencing them negatively and the fact that it has become a norm

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Propellerads

you might like

You might like

Favourites

you might like

Disqus for 7-hints-voice